Automation Safety Technician
ZCS is looking for a qualified professional to become a part of their Electrical Engineering team, supporting installations and modifications. The position involves establishing and following upon project implementation (including, but not limited to, timing, concept, feasibility design, specifications, construction and commissioning). Additionally, the position requires participation in developing controls, drawing and design concepts and dealing with various vendors.
- Participate in meetings with the team to plan upcoming activities and to update ongoing projects.
- Ensure new and rebuild equipment have all features required by CSA, OSHA, and Electrical Safety Code.
- Plan assigned work in an efficient method to minimize machine downtime.
- Ensure employee safety is maintained at all times.
- Perform Safety PLC and program backup periodically.
- Troubleshoot machine safety problems.
- Perform regular housekeeping duties and,
- Complete onsite installation and commissioning.
- 3 years program in Electrical or Mechanical Technology.
- Electronics Technician/Technologist Certificate, Electrician Qualification, or equivalent.
- Trade license in Industrial Electrical Maintenance.
- Assess suitability of new equipment needed for installations and repairs.
- Ability to provide technical support and services to engineers.
- Knowledge of:
- Advanced safety PLC programming including Sick and Omron.
- Computer networking, Ethernet connections, TCP/IP protocol.